Friday, April 16, 2010

Breanna's Baptizm



I can't believe it's been a week since Breanna's Baptism and I am just now Blogging about it! What a beautiful day it was! Breanna truly had a wonderful day and glowed all weekend. I don't think you could wipe her smile away! I am so grateful for the the family that came and helped with food and especially for the priesthood holders that came thank you Roger, Al and Kory! Breanna got a Journal from her Aunt Gigi and wrote down her experience. She wrote "I was nervous but then the water rushed over my face and I felt clam and happy." It made me laugh when she shared that with me. I love her. :)
Breanna's Baptism has been an emotional event for me. When Ashlyn was baptised I never second guessed her decision. She has always had a spiritual side to her and knew who her savior was even as a toddler. This was not the case with Breanna. She always seamed to be too preoccupied with life to worry about the spiritual side of things. Last year I remember thinking that she would not be ready to be baptised by eight. I didn't think she would understand what she was committing to. But slowly through the year she started to be aware and understand things in a different light. Her primary teacher would tell me that she would ask the questions that they had not even thought of and how much they enjoyed her insight. I would think My Breanna? The Bishop said that in her interview that he asked her why she wanted to be baptized and her response was. "So I can live with Heavenly Father again." Wow.
Through my daughter I have witnessed why eight is the age of accountability. I know that she does not understand all the gospel principles. But she DOES understand why she was baptised and what she was promising. I am proud of her!

5 comments:

Amy and Mike said...

Mom told us that she enjoyed the spirit at the baptism as well. We wish we could have been there. Congradulations Breanna, we are proud of your decision.

Monica said...

The spirit was so strong that day. I am proud of Breanna as well. She is such a special sweet daughter of God. I'm glad we were able to be there. We love you Breanna

Tawn said...

Congratulations Breanna! How awesome!

ScoundrelLV said...

I wish I could have been there. What a great day for Breanna. : ) I know she has made the right decision to be baptized. The spirit will help teacher her for the rest of her life. Congrats!!!

Mom in Orem said...

Breanna looked beautiful in white. I was very proud of you for making the decision to baptized. You are wonderful!!!