Thursday, March 8, 2012

5 Years

So March is an anniversary of sorts for me. It was five years ago this month that I made the leap of faith to go back to church. I realized this on Sunday during testimony meeting. I felt like I needed to bear my testimony and express my love for my savior and also how truly blessed I am. Unfortunately, I could not bring my self to get up. My fear of public speaking and the 5 inch shoes I was wearing held me back. But I have not been able to shake the feeling of remorse for not following the prompting to share my testimony and want to do so now. I know this is not the same but for me it might have to suffice (for now).

So I'm not very good with words and always worry that I wont be able to get my thoughts out properly. But I'm very thankful for the gospel. I'm thankful for the peace of mind it brings me. I know that my heavenly father is very aware of each of us. I see his hand guiding me through my life at every turn and am amazed at the love he has for me. I'm thankful for my blessing and even my struggles. Because I know that through them I will be able to grow and hopefully be able to change for the better. To be more Christlike.
I'm proud of my children and amazed at there strength and courage. As a mother I try to teach them the important things in life. But it seams that the opposite keeps happening. They are such a great example to me! I hope that I am living my life in away that they can be as proud of me as I am of them. That together we can grow.
I'm thankful for my husband and the love that he has for me and his girls. He is such a great man. And I feel so lucky to be his wife! I have asked allot of him in my choice to go back to church. To change his world around, (without his consent) and allow me to be true to myself even though he does not understand it. Thank you Scott! I know it's not been easy.
I know that through Christ anything is possible. I'm grateful for this knowledge.
In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

4 comments:

Amy and Mike said...

Thanks for your beautiful testimony Manda. So happy for the joy the gospel has brought to your life. I know what a blessing it has been in ours as well. It helps put everything in life into perspective. Sure lov eyou guys.

Monica said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony. I'm glad you decided to do it here.

Melodee said...

What do you mean not good with words! That was beautiful thanks for sharing.

ScoundrelLV said...

Amen. Thanks for sharing your testimony. It is beautiful. I understand wanting to get up and not. I think I had the same urge this month but Mark was sick and I didn't know how to go up with two toddlers. That and just as I was working up the nerve, Alex took off running in the opposite direction. Ruined any motivation. Gotta love em kids.