Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Draper Temple



Last night with my mom I took the girls to see the Draper temple. I have never been further then the baptismal font in any temple so I was just as excited to see the in side as my girls. I knew it would be beautiful and I was right! Wow! Every room was breath taking, beautiful murals and paintings, light fixtures. If you have not been inside I highly recommend going to see it.



My favorite room was the Celestial room. It was amazing to say the least. I could not get over the chandler that hung in the middle. And the matching light fixtures that just sparkled. Before we went inside the volunteer said that people who attend temples feel like it gives them a glimpse of what heaven is like. After being in that room I could see what she meant. The spirit was so strong. It was so peaceful.
(You can't take pictures inside. So I stool this from the brochure. It doesn't even come close to showing you the awe of the room.)




Someday I will be back, with my husband beside me... (Hey a girl can dream can't she! :))

6 comments:

Tawn said...

Sounds beautiful! I love your pics of you and the girls in front of the picture of Christ! He is my best friend! :)

Amy and Mike said...

We're so glad you guys had the opportunity to go with Mom to the temple. It looks like it was beautiful and they truly are. The spirit is always so strong when you are in such a peaceful and beautiful place. And it's great to have hope because I know that the Lord blesses us when we show faith in Him.

Team Schiele said...

Keep dreaming! You never know.

It is cute how everyone looks tired in the pic. (but cute and happy)

We are waiting to go to the one in June.

Monica said...

We loved the temple too. You know you could talk to your bishop about getting a recomend to do baptisms.

Marnie said...

I'm glad that you guys had a good time. I love the picture of all of you.

Mandos said...

i love going to the temple-ashlyn