Saturday, March 21, 2009

Turning Purple??

Last night we got the opportunity to go to the Marriott Center to see BYU Womens Gymnastics match up against Utah. Sense my girls and I were going with my mom who works with BYU and it was at BYU we went as BYU fans. Wow did I just say that! Never thought I would do that. Growing up being a Ute fan and going to the Ute games with my dad I have always been loyal to Utah. So last night was surreal. But we had fun! The women of both teams did not disappoint us and we watched in amazement as they worked magic in the gym. Of course my mom's and my favorite event was the floor. Ashlyn loved the uneven bars, and Breanna and Jessica loved the cougar mascot. Breanna actually caught a tee shirt that was thrown. It is big enough to fit her dad. But it is hers and she loves it! (not that her dad would be caught dead in a BYU shirt!)
Afterwords, we all went out for ice cream. Both my mom and I commented on how much fun the Ute fans were having with all their chanting. That's one thing you can always say bout Utah fans. They sure know how to have a good time!


5 comments:

Monica said...

I always loved going to gymnastic meets. How fun. Way to go Brianna on chatching a shirt.

Amy and Mike said...

I think you crossed the lines on this one. Cheer for BYU? Not cool. JK Glad you had fun.

Team Schiele said...

Go Purple- go Weber - Brian

Tawn said...

How fun! And that is awesome that Brianna caught the shirt!!!! I bet that was so exciting for her! :)

Mandos said...

that was so fun huh!