I woke up this morning to the sound of hushed whispers and giggles. With big smiles my girls handed me a home made menu card with a list of breakfast items. Which included items like: toast, oatmeal, cereal, and eggs. Everything the girls knew how to make. They asked me to choose something and they would bring it to me in bed. Now normally my mornings are always a little rushed. I never eat breakfast. I am too busy making school lunches, doing hair, helping them find soaks or a shirt, and making sure they have their homework that I just don't have time to eat. But not today, my girls had woken up early and made sure to eat so that they would have time to treat there mom to something special. So this morning I enjoyed a nice bowl of raisin bran, while in bed watching the Today show. What a treat!!
On the way out the door for school, I had to ask why the special treatment. Ashlyn said "Because we love you!" Could a mom ask for anything more?!
Thank you Ashlyn and Breanna!!!
5 comments:
What a testiment of your mothering. Good job girls!
How flippin sweet! Sounds so nice and relaxing! All of us Mothers deserve that once in a while:) And a surprise makes it even better! :)
That is the cutest story. What sweet girls you have. That really must have made you day.
Wow!!! how nice. I know I'm a little funny, but it brought a tear to my eye. It's neat that your kids would think of you that way with no special occasion.
How SWEET! Can they come teach my girls!
Post a Comment