The kids going back to school is always bitter sweet for me. Always it's an emotional day. Today is no exception. I love that my girls are growing up... But it sucks too. Growing up my favorite part of going back to school was the school blessings we would get the Sunday before. It always made me feel that I had extra help for that school year. I wish I was able to give that same blessing to my children. Instead I wish to send them off with a mothers hopes....
Dear Children,
I hope that this year is a good year. That you will be able to look back on this school year with smile on your face. I hope that you will make and strengthen ties with good friends. Friends that will build you up and not tear you down. That you will laugh and cry and enjoy life with. I hope that as you grow your mind will as well. That you will be able to take in what you are learning and be able to understand and grow. I hope that as you face challenges in the school year that you will go forward with wisdom and courage. And not be afraid to ask for help. That you will remember that your teachers, parents and Heavenly father are here for you wanting to help you and routing for you to succeed. I want you to know how loved you are and that I am so proud of each of you. You are my greatest blessings.
Much love,
Your Mother
4 comments:
awe thanks mom that sure will help
Well said. The kids going back to school is always a bitter sweet for me too. I always cry. Manda, I feel so bad for not thinking of it sooner or in past years, but Al is more than willing to give the girls school blessings.
Manda that was beautiful. I hope your kids have a great school year.
I missed this somehow. What a wonderful mother you are. I know your children will appreciate your love and support.
Post a Comment