Their is a new TV show on that is called America's Toughest Jobs. Scott and I watch this and think it has been fun to see the diffrent jobs that they have on. But I think they might need to add a job that I'm sure has been over looked: Crossing Guard.
Today I was almost hit three diffrent times. One of them would have taken my life for sure. A School bus ran a red light and came inches from hitting me. I ran out of the way as the driver slammed on her brakes smoke from the tires where going everywhere. (It reminded me of the radio commercial that warns both driver and pedestrians to both be aware or that might be the last sound you hear.) I was lucky and I was grateful the kids had not yet walked into the street. It amazes me how inpatient drivers are. Parents who moments before just dropped their child off come right up to my cross walk waiting for the kids to finish and then drive right past me while I'm still in the street!
Although I have had a few close calls and the drivers annoy me. I get a kick out the kids. I have a couple girls that bring me flowers they have picked on the way. And boys who can't wait to tell me what they did or going to do. I even had one little boy tell me very proudly that he licked a horses butt! (I found out it was a statue)
So far it has been an interesting job.
7 comments:
First of all, thank goodness you were not hit! JACK ASS DRIVERS!!!! I agree with you, people are so impatient! AND JUST PLAIN STUPID WHEN IT COMES TO DRIVING! Love your new background, it's really cute! Blogging is such fun! Such a fun way to keep in touch with friends:) And I appreciate your comments, it's always fun when I see new comments:)
P.S. I was ROLLING about the horse butt licking! ha-ha!!!!! Thank goodness it was a statue. LOL! Kids say the darndest things for sure!!!! SO FUNNY!
OMG, I am glad you are ok. You should get hazard pay!
I also love your backyard.
I cant believe Jessica is already two. Time sure flies!
Manda, Quit! Now! I do not want to be going to your funeral. ...And we thought it was going to be the ideal job.
Please be careful!
Hey girlie! I'm stoked to find you on here! Check out my blog when you get a chance. :)
I have thought about being a crossing guard before and thought what a nice job that would be. Last spring a crossing guard was hit and killed by a dumptruck. I just can't believe that that happens as often as it does. Be careful.
I am not interested in adopting 3! Be careful. :) I think you have amazing patence to put up with it all.
Post a Comment